Public bodies, including local-authority-maintained schools, are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010.
As part of our duties we publish:
- an Equalities Information profile of our school based upon the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010 – this is updated and published every year
- our school’s Equality Objectives – these are reviewed annually and updated at least once every 4 years
- you can view the Equality-Policy and the Equality-Information-and-Objectives and find them in the School Polices section of our website.
Our equality objectives are:
- To address gender stereotypes through the curriculum, outdoor play, visits and visitors. This will be monitored through the observation of changes in pupil behaviour and attitudes.
- To encourage an understanding of different cultural backgrounds through the curriculum, resources, visits and visitors.
- To increase empathy and understanding of different age groups within our school community.