Welcome to our School Council
We are very proud of our active school council who take their roles very responsibly.
What happens during the meetings?
Our discussions are packed with ideas that are suggested by pupils and staff through our suggestion box. Then class representatives raise these at the Friday meeting, the aim is to improve our school for every child and adult.
Has the school council been effective?
We have bought new books for the school library and have met with Mr Marrs, the Chair of Governors, to talk about new playground equipment. We asked all the children in the school what they would like before presenting to Mr Marrs. We are delighted to be buying a new buddy bench and playground equipment. At the minute we are making a child version of the playground rules to be able to help everyone.
Some exciting news:
The school council have a number of ideas in the pipeline such as improving the outdoor areas so that they can be used during lessons to enhance the curriculum.
- Supported charities – Red Nose Day, The Red Cross in raising funds through coffee afternoons.
- Introduced the Woodland Area as an area for the children to explore during lunchtimes and playtimes.
- Decided on what playground equipment people would like for our playground.
- Raised money for new playground equipment through a school open afternoon.
- New school councillors elected after each class voted
- Colin our Pet Monster Worry Box had been introduced
- ‘What have you done today to make yourself proud?’ posters which enable children to promote why they feel proud of themselves
- The introduction of monitors who can give out Dojo’s
- Pride of Collierley Award
Two children from every year group in key stage one and two (one boy and one girl) form our active school council.
Our perspective of our school:
From my perspective, the school is a very good place to learn, see your friends and achieve many things. The teachers are very kind and respectful to everyone. It is a very nice, happy and cheerful place to be. I also think that some people should treat the school’s property with respect a little more. Most of the time everyone is nice and kind to everyone in the school. The teachers are always fair to everyone no matter what.
I think our school is a very cheerful place where everyone has friends but there could be improvements such as more outdoor learning this year. Apart from that I would give our school 5 stars and recommend Collierley Primary to any of my friends outside of school because as a community our school is the greatest ever.
From my perspective the school is excellent because they have good teachers that get you ready for secondar y school and at dinner time and break time the teachers always make you safe when you’re playing with your best friend on the playground. But at dinner time it is a bit boring because all the equipment is broken, so please can we have more.