The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at Collierley Primary School.
- Mrs Angela McDermid is our Head Teacher and SENDCo
- Mrs Helen Humphrey is our Designated Special Educational Needs Governor.
- Miss S. Dews is responsible for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in the Early Years Department.
It is the SENDCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEND policy
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupils’ needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEND
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEND pupils up to date
- Work with the Head Teacher and School Governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.